Sunday, June 26, 2011

Losing something you love sucks...

I love taking hot showers. For the past 4 days our apt has not had hot water. Our hot water heaters pilot light went off so therefore nothing was heating. I took a total of 3 cold showers and could only wash my hair twice because the 3rd one was FREEZING!!! Luckily I know someone smart/brave that was willing to come and light the pilot light for me. Can I say hot showers are the best! Oh my I was in heaven. I hope this is slightly comical to those reading this, as well as insightful. I learned so much from this experience. I learned to not take anything for granted, even hot water. I learned how to light the pilot light of a water heater. I learned to have smart friends. Lastly, I learned to love what I have been given and to ask for help when you need it. Sometimes you feel like "oh I can do this." But if we have resources to help why not ask. I mean I could have blown up the apt. or even burned my face off if I would have done that on my own. So thanks Drew, Jessica will be happy to know you are Mr. Fix it.

On a side note our Hot water heater will be fixed tomorrow so we won't have to light it anymore. I am way happy. YAY for hot water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment