Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thinking...

Sometimes I think way too much. I feel like its better to think than to not. Tonight I found myself thinking about what I am doing with my life right now. Now that I am in school I feel like I am doing what I am supposed to. I go to class, do my homework, and made some good friends in my classes. There is also a part of me that says drop everything right now, just graduate with the credits I have and not become a teacher. This has been running through my mind like crazy lately and last night I felt like I was so overwhelmed I wanted to just quit everything. (drop all my classes)

Luckily I have good friends and loving parents who care for me and helped me through my tough time. I also am glad that I could get on my knees and just pray for strength and guidance. How grateful I am for my Patriarchal Blessing. It has helped me through tough times. When life gets hard I turn to that and read it. I also read all the other little notes I have received from wise leaders and from friends.

Tonight I opened up a letter that helped me so much. It was written April 4th 2010 It states:
President Uchtdorf

"We must learn that in the Lords plan, Our understanding comes "Line upon line: Precept upon precept. In short, Knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience.

Often the deep valleys of our present will only be understood by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can't see the Lords hand in our lives until long after the trials have passed often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunities, understanding, and Happiness."

Love President Hawke

This letter seemed to make sense to me. It was a quote from President Uchtdorf. It was also interesting to me that as I was reading my scriptures tonight Helaman 5:12 was in the section that I was reading. How this letter and that scripture go together. I feel like I need to build my foundation so that I may not fall. I need to gain greater knowledge and not be afraid because Satan is trying so hard to bring me down. He knows our weaknesses and knows how to take us down, but if we can just see those weak spots and make them as strong as possible so we cannot be taken down. We will have happiness in life.

I still don't know what I am doing with my life right now, but what I do know is even though this semester is killing me I will be strong. I will fight back with vengeance and do my very best. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment