Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Can people stop hating?????


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/rachel-ehmke-13-year-old-_n_1501143.html



I read this article today of a teen who was bullied in school. It makes me sick to hear that someone felt that they couldn't live on this Earth anymore because of actions from their peers. I remember when I was in Middle and High school and I would have to defend my friends or even people I saw in the halls because they were being bullied. I know that it is hard to stand up to them, but I feel that this could all be prevented if those bullies knew the toll that their bullying took on their peers lives. Most of the bullies that I have seen are ones that are living hard lives themselves, with broken apart families and are treated the same way by people that are close to them. I guess I could see the pain on both sides and I think parents need to step in and realize the issues going on in schools. I feel like I could go on and on about the issues by telling stories from my experiences, but that is not the point of this blog post. I just really wish there was a way to show everyone that you don't gain anything by destroying someone else's life to make yourself popular. Just end the hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment